Applications for the Bhumi Cognizant Scholarship AY 2022-2023 are closed.
Bhumi is one of India's largest independent youth volunteer non-profit organizations. Bhumi as a platform enables over 30,000 volunteers in over 12 cities across India for causes including education, environment, animals & community welfare. We also provide scholarships to students from underprivileged backgrounds through our Bring Smiles Program. We have provided scholarships to almost 10,000 children & youth over the past decade. Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Their unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the USA, Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead digitaly at www.cognizant.com.
Bhumi & Cognizant Technology Solutions India Private Limited Scholarship Program aims to transform the lives of over 500 academically gifted and financially needy students from all over India by enabling access and support to pursue pre-graduation to graduation courses. Financial and other assistance provided through the Bhumi -Cognizant Outreach Scholarship Program shall propel such students to a successful professional career helping them build sustainable livelihoods.
The overall objective of the program is to enable continuity in education leading to 100% placement.
Applicants to the Bhumi -Cognizant Outreach Scholarship Program must be Indian citizens satisfying the below eligibility criteria. Minimum score of 80%.
Scholarship to be processed on a first-applied-first-serve basis.
● Existing students already availing scholarship through Cognizant
● Students who are planning for pre graduation and Graduation in the following courses
● Applicants who are the first graduates/first generation learners of the family will be prioritized.
|Pre Degree_MPC||2 Years||STEM|
|Pre Degree_BiPC||2 Years||STEM|
|Pre Degree_CEC||2 Years||Non-STEM|
|Pre Degree_HEC||2 Years||Non-STEM|
|Diploma / ITI (STEM)||3 Years||STEM|
|BSC Agriculture||3 Years||Non-STEM|
|B. Com - General||3 Years||Non-STEM|
|B. Com - Computers||3 Years||Non-STEM|
|BSC Computers||3 Years||STEM-Non eng|
|BSC Statistics||3 Years||STEM-Non eng|
|BSC IT||3 Years||STEM-Non eng|
|BSC Chemistry||3 Years||STEM-Non eng|
|BSC Computer Science||3 Years||STEM-Non eng|
|BSC Computer Technology||3 Years||STEM-Non eng|
|BSC Mathematics||3 Years||STEM-Non eng|
|BSC Physics||3 Years||STEM-Non eng|
● Students applying for the Bhumi-Cognizant Outreach Scholarship Program should have scored at least 80% in their final examinations conducted in respective locations*
● Relaxation of the percentage to 70% for parentless/single parented and PWDs
● The student must also clear Bhumi-Cognizant Outreach Scholarship Entrance Exam atleast with 80%
● Relaxation of the percentage to 70% for parentless/single parented & PWDs
Applicant’s gross family income, the education and occupation of parents as well as family members including an elder brother(s) and sister(s), the family’s living conditions, and the total expenses being incurred by the family on the applicant’s education will be taken into consideration for determining the financial eligibility of an applicant. Annual Family Income should be less than INR 3 LPA.
● Bonafide Student Certificate showing status of enrolment in college, course/branch, year of study
● Copy of Aadhar Card
● Copy of first sheet of Bank Passbook or Canceled Cheque
● Counseling, Admission or Seat Allotment Letter
● Entrance Test Marks & rank Certificate
● Income Certificate, Salary Certificate, Pension Certificate or Income Tax Return and other documents, as applicable
● Mark Sheet for Higher Secondary (12th/PUC/Intermediate) Examination
● Mark Sheet for Secondary School Certificate (10th) Board Examination
● Parent or Guardian’s Declaration
Note: Your application is not considered complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
Existing Cognizant Scholarship Beneficiaries
● Validating the Fee Requirement
● Compliance with the relevant renewal criteria
New Cognizant beneficiaries
● Entrance test
● Verifying the Familial/Gender/Disability status, Academic Eligibility
● Home Visits
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance and financial needs. Bright and deserving students with financially constrained backgrounds who performed exceptionally well at state and national level entrance exams are eligible for scholarship.
While the Bhumi -Cognizant Outreach Scholarship Program’s main focus is providing financial support for qualified students, our assistance extends beyond finances and includes training, mentorship and assistance for internship & placements. This assistance is available to all the selected scholars in the form of a curated series of soft skills and technical skills training programs, from 1st year onwards empowering scholars with skills and aptitude for their professional journey.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive financial assistance in the form of scholarships until graduation. Awards are renewable each year until a bachelor’s degree is earned.
Renewal is contingent upon the applicant continuing full-time enrollment in an eligible course of study at an accredited college or university, maintaining a good standing with their university and continuation of the program by Cognizant.
● Minimum Pass% of 80% in the previous Academic Year/ Relevant final examination to be eligible for 100% scholarship amount
● Students who scored Below 70% will be eligible for 80% of the scholarship amount
● If any student has standing arrears, he/she will only be eligible for 50% of the scholarship with a warning. If he /she is not clearing the arrears, then they will not be eligible for the scholarship program.
● All the scholars are mandated to secure at least attendance 80% in the training sessions organized.